We are proud to announce a life-changing opportunity to study the Oxford-style interdisciplinary, fully accredited and truly international Master's program in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at CEVRO Institut university. INESS, in cooperation with Nadácia Tatra banky, offers TWO full scholarships (EUR 4,500 each) for selected Slovak students (with a degree BA and higher, including Ph.D. students) to take part in this unique Master’s program. The scholarships apply for the tuition and fee for the program. The scholarships do not apply for accommodation and living costs.
Students can specialize in "Studies of Transition," "Austrian Economics" and "International Politics." International faculty is lead by directors of first-class U.S. PPE programs at Duke University (Prof. Michael Munger) and George Mason University (Prof. Peter Boettke). Note that the PPE program can be completed in three trimesters, i.e. one year. Visit the CEVRO Institut website for detailed information about the program.
Deadline 15 June 2016
Watch what Prof. Michael Munger of Duke University (USA) says about CEVRO/PPE Program:
What is PPE program?
PPE program notable features
- A highly demanded, Oxford-style interdisciplinary and international PPE Master’s degree focused on the intersection of the fields of Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
- International faculty lead by directors of first-class U.S. PPE programs at Duke University (Michael Munger) and George Mason University (Peter Boettke)
- Small classes and tutorials of peer-to-peer character that put emphasis on progress and performance of individual students
- The possibility to get the degree in one year (three trimesters)
- The platform to critically asses and analyze political and economic problems faced by modern societies and its philosophical underpinnings.
- Complex and systematic education pointing out the importance of concepts that are the cornerstones of Western civilization such as individual freedom, private property, market economy and the rule of law
- A unique focus on cases of political and economic reforms and systemic changes in societies around the world in order to appreciate the importance of practical application of theoretical knowledge
Why to study at CEVRO:
- Is a small and student-oriented private university
- Is known for its numerous international projects and its cooperation with dozens of universities around the world and major international institutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research on various academic issues with practical impact, which focuses predominantly on security issues in Europe and transatlantic area, economic policy reforms in the Czech Republic and the EU and on-line voting systems
- Annually organizes major international conferences such as the Prague Conference on Political Economy
- Within its Academic Press it publishes great books and a peer-reviewed semi-annual bilingual interdisciplinary journal New Perspectives on Political Economy
- Offers teaching by top academics and professionals, successful business people, judges, attorneys, politicians, journalists and other professionals
- Has a rich student life and provides a unique family environment of a small dedicated school with individual approach to students, which makes CEVRO Institute a leading institution on the Czech educational market
register for INESS scholarship
CEVRO Institute is a dynamically developing and constantly innovating private university founded in 2005. It is located in the very centre of the city of Prague—the capital of the Czech Republic.
CEVRO Institute offers a wide range of majors in social sciences on both BA and MA levels and several professional post-graduate programs.
INESS - Institute of Economic and Social Studies is a non-governmental and apolitical independent think tank in Bratislava, Slovakia.
INESS monitors the functioning and financing of the public sector, evaluates the effects of legislative changes on the economy and society, conducts in-depth analyses and drafts reform proposals, and comments on current economic and social issues. It is the most frequently quoted Slovak economic think tank in broadcast and print media.